How a real estate attorney can help when purchasing or selling property.
When entering into a purchase sale contract for real estate in Texas, a party would be wise to seek the counsel of an attorney. A few examples of areas where an attorney can assist include:
· initial consultation to review client goals, determine applicable law, and what documents will be required;
· entity-structuring consultation concerning proper parties, LLC formation, and asset protection;
· earnest money contract preparation;
· earnest money disputes;
· purchase sale contract negotiation and disputes;
· preparation of a special provisions addendum to purchase sale contract;
· loan commitment review/comment;
· representation, negotiations, and discussions regarding loan terms with the lender/its counsel;
· review/comment on the title commitment and home inspections; and
· closing document preparation and reviewing closing packages prepared by others.